ICY DOCK is a leading manufacturer of removable hard drive enclosures. Since our company has always been about the customers, we wanted to create an informal avenue for us to communicate with you! Hopefully, these blogs will provide you with insights and opinions about ICY DOCK products.
When building a gaming system, many look for the biggest heat sink, the best cases and even fans up to 300mm that provide the best and quiet performing system. However, there isn’t anything that is made specifically to cool hard drives while keeping them quiet and functional at the same times. It all changes with the MB973/974 series.
The MB973/974 series uses features that set them apart which include: Individual power buttons, fan speed control and detachable 80mm fan for aftermarket replacements (works with most 2 & 3 pin fans). The individual power buttons allow users to turn off their drives while they do not need them. If all the power buttons are turned off, the fan in the back will also shut down to help reduce noise as well, unlike with stock computer cases or similar modules.
The front fan speed control enable switching with options of high, low and auto for different purposes. Use "high" for maximum cooling performance, "low" for ultra quiet performance or "Auto" for Smart Cooling Technology to adjust fan speed according to the cooling requirements of the drives.
Lastly, the detachable 80mm fan makes it easy for maintenance as well as for aftermarket replacement fans. All these functions are designed with the gamer/power user in mind. With that said, the freedom to customize their settings to their liking, be it turning off specific drives, increasing fan speed or getting a quieter fan. This advantage is important and allows users to get the most of their system on the fly for whatever they do.
In addition, there are also some other points that help make the devices even better:
* MB973SP-B Fits 3 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 2 x 5.25" Device Bays
* MB974SP-B Fits 4 x 3.5" SATA HDD into 3 x 5.25" Device Bays
* Screw-less, tool-less design for genuine plug &play and hot swap use
* Stylish aluminum body construction for durability and heat dissipation
* Front and rear ventilation slots
* Front side USB and eSATA ports for convenient external storage connections
* Child-proof power buttons to avoid accidental power shut down
* Multi-locking door latches to prevent accidental drive ejection
* Internal SATA cable and USB header cable built into rear of devic
Whether you're a gamer or a power user, the Icy Dock MB973/974 series makes a great upgrade kit solution to help sustain a fast and quiet system in any condition
Introducing Icy Dock's new MB881U3-1SA USB 3.0 2.5" & 3.5" SATA and IDE hard drive adapter with docking station functionality!
Icy Dock has taken another one of its tried and true products and taught it some new tricks! It features the new USB 3.0 interface for up to a 5 Gb/sec transfer rate. The MB881U3-1SA is perfect for any DIY user or IT Professional in need of a quality hard drive adapter. The hard drive adapter will work with both 3.5" & 2.5" SATA drives and IDE drives and use them on a USB 3.0 interface.
The 2.5" SATA/IDE drives can be powered with the USB cable alone. A small power adapter is included for faster or bigger 2.5" hard drives or 3.5" hard drives. Using the USB 3.0 interface will maximize not only the SATA drives but also the IDE drives read/write speeds not found on other USB 2.0 products. The MB881U3-1SA will accept almost any size of 2.5" / 3.5" IDE and SATA hard drives.
* Perfect hard drive adapter with docking station functionality in USB 3.0 speeds.
* USB bus power for 2.5" drives.
* Low profile power adapter for 3.5" drives.
* Detachable docking platform to use while on the go.
* Compatible with both 2.5" & 3.5" SATA hard drives and supports hot swap.
* Compatible with both 2.5" & 3.5" IDE hard drives.
* Supports USB 3.0 connection for maximum performance.
* Plug & Play USB 3.0 with backwards capabilities to USB 2.0 for quick connection
for any computer system.
* User friendly screw-less and tool-less design just plug in the hard drive and play.
* Exposed working HDD stands in the air vertically for fast heat radiation.
* Aluminum alloy stand is detachable for portable use.
* Designed for PC & Mac systems.